There are myriad areas in which one can use slate for outstanding aesthetic appeal, as well as the fantastic longevity it affords with the very minimum of (or no) maintenance. Ardosia slate slabs, tiles or cobbles can be used to lay an attractive patio or path that will require only regular sweeping and an occasional ‘hose down’ to keep its appearance on top form.
Where can Slate Be Used in the Garden?
- Slate flagstones, the perfect choice for a durable garden flagstone.
- Slate edging, decorative and fit for purpose, slate is ideal for edging slabs.
- Garden slate tiles, versatile and cost effective for out buildings in the garden.
- Slate coping, the perfect finish for any garden wall with a natural stone finish.
- Decorative paving slabs, slate garden paving slabs are ideal for intricate and decorative garden paving.
- Slate lawn edging, a natural, decorative and long lasting solution for lawn edging that doesn't rot.
- Slate flower bed edging, provides a natural finish to any flower bed keeping them neat and tidy.
- Swimming pool and hot tub paving slabs, slate is the perfect choice for any contemporary pool or hot tub.
Using slate strips to form lawn edging allows the grass to be evenly cut right to the margin whilst delineating the boundary between flower beds and lawn. Install Ardosia slate slabs vertically to form a retaining wall for raised beds or use strips of slate to build a solid wall that has a very interesting shape and texture. Steps, cills and garden wall capping in slate are an exceptional way to differentiate the design.
Our slate can be used to create a unique lawn edging, tiles are ideal for a crisp edging for a modern outdoor space. slate is also the perfect material for garden flagstones and has long been used as the preferred material for stones for garden paths and outdoor areas. Our garden flagstones can be custom cut to your designs and we generally have a stock of flagstones available suitable for gardens in slate and other natural stones.
There are many more uses to which Ardosia Slate can be put in the garden, for example; you could design and construct your own unique water feature (although we can provide assistance with the design and the provision of the necessary slate pieces). In addition to slate planters, we hold a small stock of very unusual and large, planters in a variety of materials.
Garden furniture is an area where Ardosia Slate excels and we have a range of ‘off the shelf’ tables, benches and stools but we also offer a bespoke design and manufacture option, making items completely in slate, mixing slate and other stone or timber and slate. Please contact us to discuss your requirements or ideas.